Children’s In-Home Respite services are provided in the families’ homes. The family does not have to be at home during this time or depending on the service agreement, the Helping Hands care provider may take the child out of the home for an activity. These hours are prescheduled to meet the families’ needs. The hours can be as little at 3 hours per week to as many as 24 hours per day.
Our Children’s In-Home Respite staff help the child with Daily Living Activities such as:
- Learning chores and routines
- Meal preparation and eating
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments and other outings such as after school activites, music therapy, horse-back riding
- Hygiene, bathing and toileting
- Assistance with therapy goals (occupational, physical, speech and positive behavior supports)
- Homework assistance
- Socialization skills
Payment for services can be made in several different ways: the Department of Community Mental Health, the Department of Human Services, or Private Pay.