With the help of a grant from the Michigan Department of Community Health, Helping Hands Respite Care is pleased to announce the creation of the Family Caregiver Respite Education Project. The grant of $35,000 comes from the Health Innovations Grant fund. A fund established to encourage one-time grants designed to target innovations in the delivery of health services, which could be replicated in a subsequent year with the goal of expanding geographically.
Family Caregiver Respite Education Project – Awareness Campaign
The grant allows Helping Hands Respite Care create an awareness campaign which will occur over a 9 month period. The name of the campaign is The Family Caregiver Respite Education Project. The focus of the campaign is to educate on the importance of respite for family/primary caregivers.
The elements of the campaign include:
- A series of 6 informative videos targeted to the family, friends and neighbors of family caregivers;
- A series of 4 quarterly information events to be held at our administrative offices;
- Collateral material in the form of brochures which support the themes presented in the videos;
- 6 30 second public service announcements for distribution to local media
- Speaking opportunities to local service clubs;
- A paid 52 week social media marketing campaign
- A benchmark awareness research project with MSU’s Institute for Public Policy and Research (IPPSR)
This campaign will fulfill Helping Hand’s mission to establish itself as a leader in the area and the state as a trusted resource on the issue of respite care.
It is exciting to have the resources from the State of Michigan to make this important initiative happen and to have it come along at just the right time.